Like so many other types of dental fields and procedures, cosmetic dentistry can improve the health of your teeth and your overall oral health. However, unlike so many of these other fields and procedures, cosmetic dentistry can also improve the aesthetic value of your teeth. Nothing is more important to the development of a first impression or the value judgment that one person makes of another than the quality of their smile.
So if you are tired of hiding your smile or have suffered long enough with broken or missing teeth, Shine Dental Associates of the North Shore in Long Island can help by recommending the appropriate cosmetic dental procedure for your specific needs. With a combination of the latest dental procedures and state-of-the-art technologies, we can correct the following issues:
- Broken, chipped, or otherwise damaged teeth
- Crooked teeth
- Dark, permanently discolored/stained, and yellowed teeth
- Diastemas or abnormal spacing between your teeth
- Older fillings that are permanently discolored
The field of cosmetic dentistry encompasses several different procedures, all of which help you to improve the overall health of your teeth while restoring your smile in the process. The following is a list of the cosmetic dental procedures that we perform:
- Caps or crowns – these are normally customized in order to fit over a tooth or teeth and are normally made from acrylic or porcelain materials. These are effective for treating badly decayed, broken, chipped, or misshaped teeth.
- Composite fillings – this is a glass and tooth-colored plastic composite that is commonly used to replace amalgam fillings such as mercury, gold, and silver. They have become much more popular because of how well they can be matched to your natural tooth color.
- Inlays/overlays – also referred to as “indirect fillings”, these are commonly made from different composite materials, gold, and porcelain. Inlays and overlays are typically used to fill damaged and decayed teeth.
- Porcelain veneers – these are thin layers or shells that are commonly made from a number of different composite materials including porcelain. They are normally customized and then cemented to the frontal surface area of the tooth.
- Teeth whitening – this procedure is oftentimes referred to as teeth bleaching. Because of its cost-effectiveness, it is one of the most popular cosmetic dentistry procedures performed in our Long Island office.
Although there are other cosmetic dentistry procedures to consider, these are the more common ones. For more information about these procedures, please contact Shine Dental Associates of Long Island today.