Gum surgery is the most expensive remedy for gum recession.
However, many people don’t want to suffer the pain or incur the cost. They are searching for some cost-effective and simple steps that can be taken to promote healthy gums.
The following are a few of them:
1. Brush, but make sure you do it with soft bristles and gently. It is a good thing to brush, right? Well, it depends. Too much of a good thing actually can be bad at times. Many people vigorously brush their teeth with medium or hard bristles. This results in the gum line being scrubbed away. Also, toothpastes and mouth washes that contain harsh chemicals end up exacerbating the situation because they may irritate your gums.
2. Floss properly and regularly. Use a pattern to floss along the contours of your teeth. If you have bleeding gums, that’s a sign that you have gum disease as well as deep periodontal issues under the gum line. Don’t let that stop you. It just shows even more how important it is to seriously take good care of your gums and teeth. Continue to floss. Try flossing after meals, when it really matters the most. You don’t want food getting stuck in between your teeth or in your gum line.
3. Take supplements and vitamins and maintain good nutrition. Vitamin C and CoQ10 (Coenzyme Q10) are known for strengthening gums. Trying to obtain a majority of your nutrients from eating whole foods. Reduce the amount of sugar you eat and be sure to floss and rise after you eat, especially sugary foods.
4. Have regular appointments to see your dentist. The plaque that contributes to the problem of gum recession can be scraped away by your dentist. They can provide you with an accurate assessment of your personal situation and make recommendations as well.
5. Kill Bacteria. Most likely this the most important tip out of all five. Bacteria is the major thing that causes periodontal disease. If you don’t control and kill bacteria, the most likely your gums will continue to recede. As previously mentioned, your dentist can help be scraping the plaque off of your teeth. However, there has to be constant war fought against bacteria. Unfortunately, there are some remedies that claim to do that, but contain ingredients that might harm your gum tissues. They also wash away and when bacteria is deeply entrenched they can’t deal with it – in the crevices of teeth and gums.
Some people have discovered 100% natural botanical oils effectively kill bacteria in areas that are difficult to reach. The oils don’t easily wash away. Ultimately the goal should be to kill the bacteria when it really counts. You stop your gums from receding whenever you stop bacteria.
Now it’s time for you to take this information and tips and put them into practice to start battling against gum recession and periodontal gum disease.