According to the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD), porcelain veneers are used to restore the natural appearance of your teeth. Normally, thin pieces of porcelain are used in this cosmetic dental procedure as they provide resilience and strength compared to the natural enamel of teeth. Many of our patients have oftentimes asked whether or not they were good candidates for this procedure. In most cases, this depends on the patient and what they want to accomplish. Basically, if you have issues with the appearance of your teeth and smiling is an issue, then this procedure may be the right option for you.
Porcelain Veneers Can Disguise A Broad Range Of Problems
Every Long Island cosmetic dentist here at Shine Dental Group uses porcelain veneers to hide the flaws in a patient’s teeth while performing this procedure to restore their smile. Here are 3 examples of how this procedure can correct your smile issues:
- Veneers can hide certain flaws such as teeth that are cracked, misshapen, or too small.
- When teeth do not respond to whitening or bleaching, veneers will give your smile a brighter, whiter appearance.
- You can have a smile that is proportionate and symmetrical to your entire face.
Performing Smile Makeovers With Porcelain Veneers
During a smile makeover procedure at Shine Dental Group, the Long Island cosmetic dentist will use porcelain veneers for making dramatic changes in a patient’s smile. Aside from making a huge difference in the appearance of your smile, there are other advantages that you should consider including:
- Because they can be customized to a patient’s needs, veneers can be bright and flashy or muted and subtle.
- Porcelain veneers provide the patient with decision-making abilities regarding their smile and help them determine the end results of their smile makeover. Basically, you decide the shade, shape, and size of your veneers.
- When used in conjunction with a gum lift procedure, veneers can have the perfect smile you’ve always wanted.
In order to keep your porcelain veneers from looking bulky, some of the tooth will have to be removed. This is permanent and cannot be replaced. Even with the proper care, your veneers won’t last a lifetime and replacing them may be necessary. If you are considering having this procedure done, call Shine Dental Group today and make a consultation appointment with one of our cosmetic dentists. Let us show you how we can restore your smile today.