Congratulations! Because of an injury or poor oral health, you decided to get dental implants to replace your missing teeth. When you lose a tooth you run the risk of developing gum disease or a facial irregularity because your jawbone is not working the way it should. With a dental implant, you lower the risk of this happening. Whatever the reason for your decision your dental implants can be an attractive alternative to other options such as bridges or dentures. The question is, will your new dental implants match the look of your other teeth?
Dental implants have roots that are made of titanium. These roots fuse with your jawbone and become part of your bone. Once the root has fused to your jawbone, the tooth, or crown, of your implant will be attached to the titanium root. The tooth, or crown, is the only part of your dental implant that will be visible. Your Shine Dental dentist will match the color and shape of your new tooth so that it will blend in with the rest of the other teeth in your mouth. This includes matching the texture and the translucency of your new tooth with the rest of your teeth so that your new implant will look as natural as possible.
What are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
Dental implants will provide you with a range of oral health benefits which you may experience almost immediately. Some of the reasons you have decided to choose dental implants may include:
- The dental implants will feel natural. As soon as you have become accustomed to your implants they will feel just like your other original teeth.
- Your ability to bite and chew will be improved and you won’t have to avoid foods because of your fear of chewing or biting. You can bite and chew like you used to.
- Your implants will help strengthen your jawbone and prevent it from weakening and future bone loss
- Your speech will improve
- You keep your existing healthy teeth and only need to get implants for the teeth that are missing
- Maintaining your new dental implants is the same as your regular teeth – flossing and brushing them just as you do your existing teeth
- You don’t have to worry about your dental implant slipping or sliding out of place like you would with dentures or bridges
Your dental implants will blend in seamlessly with your other teeth giving you the cosmetic benefit of a new smile. Your dental implants will function just like the other teeth in you have in your mouth and they will look like it was always in your mouth.
If you are interested in dental implants and would like to find out more, please give us a call at 516-226-9853 or click here to make an appointment.