Many people have a challenging time choosing between dental implants and dentures. Dentures are more versatile and customizable, but implants provide more support for teeth, leading to a healthier smile.
Here’s a brief comparison of implant and denture benefits.
What You Should Know About Dental Implants
Missing teeth can be replaced with dental implants. Compared to other methods of dental replacement, they look more natural and improve oral hygiene.
This is the most effective way to replace missing teeth since they are permanent replacements for missing teeth. The implants are made of titanium, gold, or stainless steel and are attached to the jawbone with screws or cement.
These prosthetics can be made to match your natural teeth and look more natural than other prosthetics. They do not require removal for cleaning and fit securely in your mouth. Unlike dentures, they do not move around when you chew.
6 Reasons Why Dentures Don’t Work Well
Dentures are a common solution for replacing missing teeth. But they have numerous issues, and these problems aren’t trivial either.
- Over time, dentures degrade the jawbone. This can result in sagging skin and wrinkles.
- People who wear dentures often describe them as unnatural and fake. Usually, this is because of the denture’s shape or the material used to manufacture it.
- It is better to have dentures than missing teeth, but they can sometimes slip. Uncomfortable dentures can’t be adjusted.
- Adhesives and denture creams are often used together. An adhesive keeps dentures in place, while a denture cream eases discomfort caused by denture straps and makes it easier to remove them gently.
- A person’s diet can be adversely affected by their use of dentures. It can cause them to stop eating crunchy foods, nutritious foods, and tasty snacks like apples. The discomfort caused by dentures can even lead to extreme food avoidance, resulting in someone only eating soft, mushy foods.
- To avoid discoloration and odor, dentures need to be removed regularly.
Which Should You Choose: Dental Implants or Dentures?
When you’re thinking about how to replace missing teeth, one of the first choices you need to make is whether you want to go with dental implants or dentures. If you look closely at both options, you’ll see one is way better than the other. This isn’t even a close call. Even though dentures are heavily marketed as a complete solution for missing teeth, they don’t compare favorably to dental implants.
Schedule an Appointment Today
Welcome to Shine Dental Associates in Syosset, Long Island. Aside from providing you with value, service, and quality, we also offer a variety of dental care treatments that can suit your budget, needs, and preferences. We offer patients up-to-date dental treatments using the latest technology in a comfortable, modern facility. Our dentists specialize in general dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, and oral surgery. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about our dental technology or treatment options. We will provide you with all the information you need to resolve any dental problems you may be experiencing and will ensure that you maintain superior oral health.
If you’re considering any type of oral or cosmetic dental surgery and have any questions or concerns, contact us today at 516-348-8500 or use our online form to request an appointment today. Our dental office is located at 400 Jericho Turnpike, Syosset, NY 11791