Cosmetic dentistry differs from traditional dentistry in a number of ways in that the latter focuses on proper oral hygiene and the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of oral diseases. Conversely, cosmetic dentistry focuses on improving the appearance of a person’s mouth, smile, and teeth. More specifically, cosmetic dentistry provides desired (or elective) services and treatments whereas family and/or general dentistry addresses specific dental problems that necessitate required treatments.
Cosmetic Dentistry Treatments
There are several cosmetic dentistry treatments and services that we provide here at Shine Dental Group including the following:
- Bonding – helps to correct broken, chipped, decayed, and discolored teeth by applying a dental composite material and sculpting it to match your natural teeth.
- Dental bridges – fills in the gaps created by missing teeth.
- Dental implants – artificial tooth roots that are used to replace missing teeth and help to restore your teeth’s functionality.
- Gum lifts – raises and sculpts the gum line to create symmetry to your teeth
- Porcelain veneers – corrects and repairs chipped and cracked teeth by bonding composite or porcelain laminates to the surface of them.
- Smile makeover – a comprehensive assessment of your teeth for improving the overall appearance of your smile. This may involve multiple cosmetic dental procedures.
- Teeth whitening – helps to brighten the shade of your teeth by using a peroxide gel to remove the staining caused by beverages, foods, and smoking as well as poor oral hygiene habits.
At Shine Dental Group, we can significantly improve the appearance of your teeth and your smile by using the most recent advancements in cosmetic dentistry.
Cosmetic Dentistry Trends
Today’s cosmetic dentistry practices and services are considerably more durable than those performed in years gone by. This is due primarily to new innovations and technological advancements in the industry such as the use of tooth-colored materials that are more natural looking in appearance. Depending on your specific situation, we use certain techniques that are more conservative in nature to preserve as much of your teeth’s natural structure as possible. This also provides a more predictable outcome of the procedure that is used.
With the use of certain technologies, the cosmetic dentists at Shine Dental Group can perform these different procedures in the office. So there is no need to refer patients to a specialist. Therefore, our cosmetic dental procedures are more comfortable and convenient for our patients while at the same time reducing the length of the recovery period. For more information regarding our cosmetic dental procedures or to schedule an appointment, please contact our office today.