There are a lot of different things that can influence your health and happiness. One thing that is easy to overlook is your oral health, and taking care of your smile matters in a big way. Finding a good cosmetic dentist on Long Island will help residents get the smile that they deserve and find more confidence, better self-esteem, and help them create a stronger first impression.
While things like dental cleaning are important, those who have missing teeth will need additional help from their cosmetic dentist on Long Island. And one of the best options is dental implants. However, it’s easy to overlook just how important implants can be or why they’re such a good option for so many.
If you’re unsure of what dental implants are or why they are worth adding to your day, taking a closer look is well worth doing. Here’s a rundown of some of the basics of implants.
• Implants are a kind of dental appliance, but instead of being removed periodically they’re attached permanently to the patient’s mouth. This is done by setting anchors into the jawbone and then attaching the teeth to the anchor.
• Instead of having to remove other dental appliances and care for them separately, implants are cared for like your normal teeth – with regular brushing and flossing. This makes them a more convenient option than other choices
• Implants are more comfortable, too. While there is a short recovery period after having implants placed, this is much shorter than in the past thanks to smaller anchor size. Once that recovery period is over, you’ll never notice that some of your teeth are false – they blend in perfectly with your existing teeth.
• Dental implants make it easier to smile with confidence since they’re indistinguishable from real teeth, and they also make it easier to eat anything. With other options, some foods could lead to the teeth being dislodged. But implants eliminate that problem and let you eat anything you like.
• In the past, implants were far more expensive than traditional replacements. While costs may still be slightly higher, their cost has lessened dramatically and now they’re much more comparable to dentures. And the improved results make the extra money well worth it.
The bottom line is that dental implants can have a tremendous effect on your smile and your overall oral health. If you’re serious about improving oral health, talking to your family dentist on Long Island is one of the best steps that you can take.