The most successful form of tooth replacement is dental implants, which have been around for over 50 years. It’s the only tooth replacement that’s permanent and looks like natural teeth.
Dental implants can replace a single tooth, multiple teeth, or a full set of teeth. Implants can last 15 to 20 years or even a lifetime, depending on how well you take care of them. Implants last so long because they’re made of titanium or zirconia, which are used because they don’t corrode and are antibacterial.
How Dental Implants Work
There are three primary aspects of a dental implant: the first is the implant; the second, the abutment; and the third, the crown.
Implant: A titanium or zirconia post is surgically implanted into the jawbone of a patient and serves as the root for the crown. It typically consists of titanium, which is hardwearing, or zirconia, which is less likely to cause an allergic reaction.
Abutment: It’s as a connector. On one end, it’s attached to your jawbone. On the other end, it’s attached to the crown.
Crown: This is a dental cap that covers the abutment.
Why Dental Implants Work Better than Other Options
Replacement for missing teeth with dental implants is better because:
* They have a long lifespan and can last from 20 years to a lifetime.
* They don’t cause allergies like dentures or bridges.
* In contrast to dentures and bridges, they don’t need exceptional care.
There’s no need to replace dental implants for decades or a lifetime because they’re three times stronger than dentures. Since implants are inserted into the jawbone, this allows an artificial tooth to feel natural in its new position. After a while, the implant will fuse with the jawbone.
How to Keep Your Dental Implants for Life
Implants are made of titanium or zirconia, so if you take proper care of them, they can last a lifetime. In addition, they look more natural and feel more comfortable than dentures and bridges because they’re anchored to your teeth.
Dental implants are a wonderful way to replace missing teeth and keep your mouth healthy.
They can last a lifetime if you use the following guidelines to take excellent care of your teeth and gums:
- Cleaning your teeth with a toothbrush is one of the best things you can do for your oral health. Ideally, you should brush twice a day, morning, and night, but you should also brush after eating. Although brushing alone is usually sufficient to keep your mouth healthy, some people may need additional assistance in the form of strong antibacterial toothpaste.
- Flossing every day is essential. You should also clean between your teeth and around your gum line.
- Get a dental checkup at least twice a year.
Set Up Your Next Appointment
Shine Dental Associates of the North Shore are a team of dentists, hygienists, and technicians dedicated to providing you with the best care in a warm, friendly, and compassionate atmosphere. We make sure you’re comfortable at our state-of-the-art dental office. You can trust us for routine cleanings, dental implants, and other dental treatments. We offer quality materials and easy-to-understand treatment options. Make an appointment by calling 516-219-8694 or visiting Shine Dental Associates. Our office is at 400 Jericho Turnpike Syosset, NY 11791.