Thanks to its location in New York, Long Island has always enjoyed being at the forefront of the latest technological developments, including those in the medical field. That’s why those looking for cosmetic dentistry solutions are always able to find what they need within the area. And while numerous options are out there, one that could be just what you need is that of porcelain veneers.
While they may, at first glance, seem to be complicated to understand, taking a closer look at veneers is easy to do and will help you understand what the process involves and whether or not it’s right for you. At Shine Dental Group we always want our clients to be as informed as possible, which is why we think spending a minute to learn about veneers is well worth doing.
Basically, veneers are essentially a kind of dental appliance that is glued to the teeth with a powerful adhesive. They’re made from very thin porcelain, and are designed to look like real teeth in terms of shape and color.
In order to attach them, dentists have to do a few things:
• The process begins with a consultation visit. The dentist will examine your teeth and talk to you about what you want to achieve. In some cases, your goals may be better completed with the help of a different cosmetic dentistry procedure. If veneers are right for you, the dentist will set up an appointment for the procedure and answer any questions you may have.
• The procedure begins with the removal of a portion of your teeth. Usually, it’s about a half a millimeter of enamel. This is removed from the front of your teeth in order to make room for the veneer. Once this is done, a model of your teeth will be made and sent to a lab. There, the veneers are created.
• Once the veneers are finished, you’ll return for your final visit. During this visit, the veneers are attached to the teeth.
Veneers can take care of a lot of different dental issues, and may be used for any of the following problems:
• Chipped or broken teeth
• Discolored teeth
• Misaligned or crooked teeth
• Worn down teeth
• Teeth with large gaps between them
By fixing these issues, a better, more appealing smile will be gained. Along with that better smile will come increased self-esteem and confidence. Veneers are one of the best ways to enhance your smile with a minimal of discomfort or effort, and may be worth a closer look.
If you think veneers are right for you, be sure to contact us to set up a consultation to learn more. We’ll help you figure out if veneers are the right call and if so, we’ll get you the smile you want.