Cosmetic Bonding Is the Process of Applying a Tooth-Colored Composite Material to Improve the Appearance of a Tooth
This process improves the aesthetics of your smile while allowing the tooth to maintain a natural appearance. In order to bond a tooth, tooth colored material is added to the tooth to build it up.
Bonding Is Often Used To:
- Correct the shape of a chipped tooth
- Correct the appearance of a cracked tooth
- Provide more even tooth color
Advantages of Bonding Over Other Treatments Include:
- Bonding can be a less expensive treatment than other cosmetic options
- An appointment for bonding treatment usually takes less than one hour to complete
- Bonding usually allows the tooth’s structure to be preserved
Bonding may sometimes be preferred over veneers or crowns but may not be as long-lasting or durable. Bonding material can stain from coffee, tea, tobacco or some foods so proper home care is important.